Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sydnee's Arm




This is my poor little Syd. She climbed up on my t.v. table that is only 11 inches off the floor and I told her to get off of the table or you are going to get hurt. next thing I know is that Aubree is telling me that Syd is hurt and she is not moving and she is crying. I walk around the counter in the kitchen and she is just lying there not moving and really not crying just whining. I lift her up and notice that her arm is not hanging right. Holly had just left my house and I was not going to take 2 extra girls to the hospital with me. I call her and she came back while I went to the hospital. When I got there the x rays said that she had broke it straight through so we had to go to the children's hospital in Dallas. Derrick rode with her in the ambulance I I followed. we spent all night there or Derrick did and I went home to be with the other girls and the next morning I took them to school and went back to the hospital to find out that we have to have 2 screws put into her elbow to hold the bones together and wait to get it casted because of the swelling. We go back in 2 weeks and the get a cast put on. She had that cast on for 6 weeks and took her back to get another cast put on for 3 more weeks. This is what the out come is. It has been awhile since she had that happen and her arms works great and she does not get on the t.v. table any more.

2 comments:

Travis & Natalie Nelson said...

Your family isn't doing to well with getting hurt. thats to bad that she broke it. ouch!

Erica said...

I guess you've had a little harder time in the accident department than we have. I hope your girls are doing better. Welcome to the bloggging world. It's good to see you and your fam.